Expedition / Navigator

2001 Mileage question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mileage question

Hello all, I own a 2001 EB Expey with 49K miles on her. Lease is up on 1 May 2004 and its decision time. I'm in favor of buying the truck rather than moving on to something else. She's in perfect condition and I just put a set of Michelin SUV's on her in December.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on longevity. What sort of mileage can we expect out of the Expey's before they become too problematic/costly to keep? I've had absolutely no problems with the truck and have been meticulous in maintenance. Does anyone have any history (postive or negative) with higher mileage Expeys? Any advice on keeping or moving on?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:47 PM
My old man has a '98 with 105k miles. Aside from routine maintenance, all he's done is plugs around 10k miles ago and brakes.....last week!

I've got 70k miles on my '00 and haven't had any major problems, just a few little ticky tack items go bad (lock actuator and window motor).

Old 03-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I hope I don't jinx myself but the wife drives the crap out of our Expy ( 3 kids .. schools, sports, etc ). It has it's share of miles but not bad really based on it's age. It's been tuned 3 times, 3rd set of tires just going on, does now need IAC and OX sensor. Has had a couple of sets of brakes, few other little things ( mirror face fell off, shift indicator is not matching up ( hey if anyone has the fix for this let me know), radio **** shot off once (screwed it back on).

Anyway, hey check my sig. Take care of it do the maint. and it CAN LAST.

But if you got money to burn just mail me some. Average new CAR cost $25K. No wonder all you see is Lease, Lease, Lease.

Putting away the soapbox now.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Thank you both for your input. I really appreciate the objective thoughts/advice. Keep 'em coming.

Quick Reply: 2001 Mileage question