Expedition / Navigator

Advise: SISO Exhaust for Expy

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advise: SISO Exhaust for Expy

I'm getting ready to add a cat-back exhaust system on my wife's 5.4 Expedition. I'm looking for a system that will product the most low RPM torque gains with very little increase in the exhaust sound inside the vehicle. I'm considering Magnaflows 15608 system which uses their 5x11 muffler and also Gibsons 619991 Swept Side system. I'd consider another SISO system or muffler if it met my needs. On my SuperCrew, I'm running a SIDO system, using CGS Motorsports 4x8 muffler. It sounds great but it's too loud for my wife. My friend is running the same setup on his SCrew but is using Magnaflows 4x8 muffler. It sounds as loud as my system. How well do the cat-back systems bolt on? Have there been complaints about the systems not being bent properly, causing them to rub along its path or any other complaints? Any useful feedback would be appreciated!

Old 10-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Gibson and it's been on going on 3 years. I'm very pleased with it. I tow a good sized boat and it does a great job, but the Swept Side is designed for it.

Click and look around my sig for pics and sound clips. Keep in mind the sound clips are done with a video camera and to me sound louder that it really is. Has a really nice, mellow sound.

Quick Reply: Advise: SISO Exhaust for Expy