Upgrade exhaust w/o voiding warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Upgrade exhaust w/o voiding warranty, and then some..

What's up? Well, first off I'm ecstatic now that I finally got a (like) new truck. Haven't quit smiling yet. I love it

Anyway, I need some . I have a 2002 F150 Supercrew 4x2, with the 5.4. It's got 23,400 miles on it so it's still under warranty. I want to upgrade the exhaust to duals but don't want to void the warranty if I can help it (at least for Now)... One place said they could only do a single in, dual out muffler. Another place said since there are dual cats(?) (haven't even looked yet??) he could cut it after them and make true duals. Sooooo:

1) What would void the warranty and what would keep it?

2) Recommended muffler, Magnaflow (model#?) or Flowmaster?

3) How would performance be affected either way?

4) Anything else that anyone can think of.

I would REALLY appreciate a quick response. This website rocks I'm glad to be a part of it now.

Last edited by brentagade; 12-09-2002 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Im pretty sure that any catback exhaust will not void your warrenty. i reccomend magnaflow SIDO!

Old 12-09-2002, 02:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The obvious one is that the Pipe and muffer are no longer under warr. ( kind of figures doesn't it ).

The Warr coverage does not apply to non-Ford items.

The Cat / and O2 part of the warr would still apply, as long as the new exhst does not modify them.

Good luck picking out your exhst.

Welcome to F150Online, you are going to love reading everything, but your wallet will hate yo for it

Old 12-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Thanx.

You're right about the wallet thing..haha. The wife already gives me "the Look" when I mention about buying this and that..

Old 12-15-2002, 07:36 AM
I just put a true dual on my 98 SCab 4x4, 4.6l and received what I wanted out of the upgrade (as far as performance goes) without voiding my warranty. Plus, the muffler is guaranteed for life. When traveling about 73mph, the system hardly kicks down in a head wind or when climbing hills. I went for the low noise upgrade so I can hear myself think when I'm on the highway.

Quick Reply: Upgrade exhaust w/o voiding warranty