exhaust cutout placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust cutout placement

I like the idea of having a cutout because I can have my truck quiet (stock) or loud. I want to know how far up I can place the cutout. If I install it before the 02 sensor will my computer throw a code?

I want to be able to have the truck as close to open headers as possible when the cutout is open. Thanks for any help.

Old 05-19-2002, 01:48 PM
re cutout

i am not an expert on this stuff, but i am pretty sure that if you put it in front of your oxygen sensors, your computer will definitely have a problem. many people have recommended to me not to even put it in front of my cats, because of gigantic backpressure losses and possible emissions problems. they all recommended putting it somewhere in between the cats and the muffler. if you put it right behind the cat, actually welded to the cat, i know it sounds really good. the closer you get to the muffler the quiter it will be, but not that much. dont put it in front of the cats or o2 sensors, unless you plan on drag racing. hope this helps.

Old 05-19-2002, 02:03 PM
I probably should have worded my first post a little better because I still don't have the exact answer I'm looking for.

If I have the cutout plugged am I still going to have backpressure issues? I don't care if I have back pressure issues when it's open, it's just for the extreme sound. Will the O2 sensor detect something when the cutout is plugged? Because it really doesn't matter to me if it detects something when it's open, as long as everything run normal when the cutout is closed, that's all I'm looking for.

It seems to me that the car would run perfect when the cutout is closed because all the flow still heads back by the O2 sensor and throught the cats and muffler.

Quick Reply: exhaust cutout placement