Exhaust for my 92

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust for my 92

I have a 92 with a 302. The exhaust has seen better days. I want to replace it but Don't know much about these trucks. I haven't owned it for very long.
I'm thinking about getting headers a cat and muffler and having a system built. Wich headers should I go with? I need a cat because I need to pass emisions. Any suggestions? What muffler Work well and sound good? What size piping should I use?

Any other suggestions or tips are greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Hey stinkfist,
Headers; just about everyone makes 5.0L(302) headers. I'm getting BBK or Heddman shorties in May.
Y-pipes are very hard to come by. Bassani and Heddman are they only ones I've seen available...JBA cat forward maybe.
Cat-cack systems are very common. Many manufacturers, check summit.

IT Rx7 very very very cool! I used to have an 83 12a w/ lsd ...I miss it.

Old 03-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, Rx-7's are a lot of fun but very unpractical. Thats where the F-150 comes in. It's perfect for everything that I can't do with the 7's.

Mike

Old 03-15-2002, 08:12 PM
Check out the "Pre-97" section of these forums

Old 03-18-2002, 11:48 PM
Smile

I had a friend who did this to his truck and let me tell you something it sounded sweet as hell. It ran really good too with out messing up his fuel economy.

I like your idea of getting a cat for it this is smart because so not only willl you pass emmisions but you can still keep some of your low end on your truck and keep the computer happy. I would use a good set of headman cermaic headers hooked up to heaman catalytic converters(j.Cwhitney has some some at a good price) mated to flowmaster 40 series mufflers or glasspacks even and put it all together using some 2 1/4--2 1/2" pipe(your local exhaust shop can really help you out here by custom bending it and they can even put in for you becuase you have a catalytic converter to go with this) and make sure u find some headers that have the original location of the 02 sensor so the computer stays happy and your truck stays happy Hey good luck and see if you can get some recordings of the truck after it's finished.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for my 92