Decision time

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Decision time

Hey guys, I'm going to be putting a muffler(s) on my truck soon. I'm contemplating putting a magnaflow 11379 on it. The 11 inch case dual in/out. I've never used a magnaflow product before and I don't want to be let down by the sound. I've also looked at the flowmaster super 10 di/do. I wanna try a di/do muffler so if I don't like it and want it taken off I won't be in the hole as deep as with two mufflers. I have a taste for a louder exhaust. My current setup is true dual with rear cat delete and an x pipe with no mufflers so it's pretty loud to say the least. I tried putting flowmaster 40's on it and I only kept them about a month because they just killed the sound. Once above 2300 rpm or so the sound just fell on its face until around 4000 when a weird rasp came through the pipes. I just wasn't pleased so I took them back off. I'm willing to give a muffler another shot since I'll have some Christmas money in a few days. I still want to be loud but I want a good sound through the entire rpm range. Any advice, suggestions, input etc is appreciated.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Which engine?

Old 12-26-2015, 02:08 AM
Forgot to include that....it's the 5.4

Old 12-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by BigJay99
Hey guys, I'm going to be putting a muffler(s) on my truck soon. I'm contemplating putting a magnaflow 11379 on it. The 11 inch case dual in/out. I've never used a magnaflow product before and I don't want to be let down by the sound. I've also looked at the flowmaster super 10 di/do. I wanna try a di/do muffler so if I don't like it and want it taken off I won't be in the hole as deep as with two mufflers. I have a taste for a louder exhaust. My current setup is true dual with rear cat delete and an x pipe with no mufflers so it's pretty loud to say the least. I tried putting flowmaster 40's on it and I only kept them about a month because they just killed the sound. Once above 2300 rpm or so the sound just fell on its face until around 4000 when a weird rasp came through the pipes. I just wasn't pleased so I took them back off. I'm willing to give a muffler another shot since I'll have some Christmas money in a few days. I still want to be loud but I want a good sound through the entire rpm range. Any advice, suggestions, input etc is appreciated.
I have 2010 with a 5.4 in it and I just recently had a flow master 10 put on it with 4 x 18 inch tips and I love it. It absolutely roars, I think you won't be disappointed if you went with the flow master.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:34 PM
While I like my exhausts in the quieter side, I just added a Magnaflow to my new to me 05 5.4 and absolutely love it. It's plenty loud for me outside but almost unnoticed at highway speeds. But the sound is awesome all the way to redline. It never "falls off" at any rpm, it's pretty deep down low and stays that way but has a nice roar from 3k+

I'd go with the Magnaflow

Old 01-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Sounds great, seeing a Heartagram makes me feel so old now. Reminds me of high school lol, I used to love H.I.M. back in the day.

Trending Topics

Old 01-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonBruins
Sounds great, seeing a Heartagram makes me feel so old now. Reminds me of high school lol, I used to love H.I.M. back in the day.
Shoot they are still making music, still going strong! Still a fan and a fan of many Finnish rock bands. Good stuff!

And thanks for the exhaust compliment!

Quick Reply: Decision time