In need of starting point

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of starting point

Aloha F150 Nation! I have two quick questions that I need help getting started. Recently traded my 2007 F150 XLT for 21k, and got me the 2013 XLT with the ecoboost engine. Looking to upgrade the exhaust system for a bass-y growl (the his of the ecoboost is lame). So that's the first question.

Second question is regarding installing after market rims and tires, and it's effects on the sensor system. Where can I purchase the sensor and can they be easily installed? Not sure how it is in other states but here in the 808, you can't pass the safety check with the tire pressure light on.

Thanks for your time!

Mahalo!

Old 03-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Most larger places offers sensors when buying after market rims. Should check out BB wheels online. They have great deals and really good prices.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Heartthrob offers a 4" system that makes the note deeper, and a bit louder turbo whistle, some have done 4" with smaller mufflers and some go with straight 4", but these V6's have a very different sound than a V8 as expected, they sound like tiny diesels when straight piped. lol.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:06 AM

Someone gave you 21k on trade for an 7 year old XLT? Nice!

A large, straight-through style muffler is the best on the EBs in my opinion (and all non V8s), but it's never gonna have the V8 rumble.

TPMS sensors can occasionally be swapped over from your stock wheels, and if not new ones can be purchased from wherever you get wheels from. Kinda funny that you can't pass inspection for a tire sensor lol. I'm sure it's the same here too though.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Someone gave you 21k on trade for an 7 year old XLT? Nice!

A large, straight-through style muffler is the best on the EBs in my opinion (and all non V8s), but it's never gonna have the V8 rumble.

TPMS sensors can occasionally be swapped over from your stock wheels, and if not new ones can be purchased from wherever you get wheels from. Kinda funny that you can't pass inspection for a tire sensor lol. I'm sure it's the same here too though.
Thanks for the help KMAC! The safety check thing is ridiculous!

Old 03-31-2014, 02:42 PM

No problem. I gotta ask though, are you native Hawaiian or just fully "indoctrinated"? I love that every thread says stuff like "aloha" and "mahalo" haha

Quick Reply: In need of starting point