Interesting information...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting information...

Been at the Bloomsburg 4 Wheel Jamboree this weekend and had some time to kill while waiting for an event so i headed to the vendor area. Chatted with a fellow from AFE about a dry flow drop in filter (was getting good deals) and he mentioned a full intake. So i bit, and listened. He told me about the AFE Stage 2 system for the 04-08 F150 with a 5.4 and how it produced 23 hp and 25 torque over stock. I asked what rpm the peak was and he showed me a dyno chart and said roughly 4200 rpm for the hp and 3800 rpm for the torque. Then i mentioned about using a tuner to correct the A/F and MAF location and he said "our intake systems do not require custom tuning for the gains seen and will not mess with the A/F or computer dealing with the MAF.

Bogus i know, but at least he could answer me initial questions and at least know what MAF and A/F stood for, ill give him credit for that. But, 23 hp gain over stock for nothing more then some plastic ducting, a sealed box and filter? Come on now, i might have been inhebriated but im not dumb. Plus if those gains were real who spend thier time driving at those higher rpms anyway. All i was interested in was a dry replacement filter because im due for an air filter and i could have gotten one way cheaper than list price...but i left it without one anyway.

So...intake - 23 hp, canned tunes, 28 hp (quoted from another vendor from superchips for the cortex programmer) - 51 hp over stock?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck with that, right?

haha

Quick Reply: Interesting information...