Sorry…Another Question…Which O2's???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry…Another Question…Which O2's???

Sorry guys, I tried searching but really didn't find a definitive answer!

So with the LT's and new cats., which O2 sensors do I need to get due to proper wire length? I was all set to get good 'ol MotorCrafts from RockAuto, but they don't list the wire lengths. Then some of my reading turned up that the Bosch ones come in different lengths. I also read you can splice the wires as long as you solder them good, but something about not doing this to the heat wire or something or other?

Thoughts?? Inputs?? I known you guys are gonna kick my butt and throw down like 10 links I missed right off the bat, so let me have it

Old 06-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure the factory 02's will reach as long as the new cats are far enough forward, but maybe someone else can back me up here.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Your most likely going to have to get O2 Extensions.

Try here http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-o2...adtype=pla&kw=

Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I tried to solder mine, as I also thought the longest O2 sensor would fit, but it didn't fit, so I used the wire from an old sensor to extend a new sensor, and it did work for a few weeks, before crapping out on the passenger side, driver's side still working. I ended up buying extensions anyways, BBK, I think. If you can get em easy, you might as well spend the $50, unless you love to solder.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, we covered all the bases here that I've found during research, so not much help, thanks!! LOL. Seems I've turned up info that the stock ones reach just fine; I've read I'll need extensions; and I've read both ways about soldering in extra wire! Heard it works just fine if you do a goo job, and heard you can't do it. Guess I'll just play this one by ear! I'll just get the MC's and if they don't reach, I'll deal with it.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I did LTs. The stock ones were not long enough for the front I ended up finding Bosch ones with , i think, 21" wires that were long enough. Stock ones work for the rear ones.