single pipe exhuast?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
single pipe exhuast?

i see all this talk about true duals and single in dual out, im assuming the benifit of dual tips is sound obviously. the true dual is the way to go but im looking for a good sound on a low budget. after much research iv made the choice to go with a magnapack.

im going to start with just stock cats and stock 2.5 pipe into a magnapack either dumped before the rear axel or a 45'd 4'' magnaflow tip infront of the rear wheel. reason being is i can do it all myself, cut the old muffler off and drag out the tail pipe with it and slap on a magnapack, and a dump or a 45 and the tip

does this sound like a decent idea or is it really that much more worth it to put a Y pipe after the magnaflow, bassically im looking for the best bang for my buck with a magnapack, preferably a DIY system.

another idea was all stock to a single magnapack, then a 45, and a Y with 2 tips infront of the rear wheel.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I've always had a si/so exhaust, never a problem, I've always been happy. Mine sometimes is louder than a si/do Magnaflow I think, or the same. You got a good idea, go with it. Don't Y after the muffler, if that's the case then get a si/do muffler and run the pipes wherever from there.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing wrong with a si/so at all. Most people like the dual tips for cosmetic reasons.

Make sure you exit with a larger tip, not dumped! The tip adds to the sound, and the dump kills the sound.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I think si/so is not bad at all, dual tips looking nice aesthetically and I am always preferred for magnapack. I have also magnapack and having sound but feel nice and not harassing as that other one.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
curt, what other one? and also it is hard to get a feel for what it will sound like, all the videos of magnapacks on youtube are with high flow cats or with duals or both. im thinking now that i just might replace the muffler with a magnapack and keep the stock tail pipe as i have heard that a dumped magnapack has alot of drone. being a tiny little 14'' 4'' round muffler i cant imagine it would do much muffling... im not going for an abnoxious sound but with stock cats and just a single magnapack i think i will have the nice sound im looking for. btw its on a 5.4 lariat scab

Quick Reply: single pipe exhuast?