pls recommend an exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up pls recommend an exhaust system?

Im a rookie when it comes to exhaust system. I am very interested in getting a exhaust system but need some advice on what to get. I would like to get the flowmaster brand (dual out side), on a V6 (Wish it was a V8, but hey). Please give me some recommendations on what type of flowmasters, exhaust tips, etc. etc. And also ive been hearing terms like "cat back" and "single in dual out"? What does that mean? Is my truck a single in dual out? (you see i told you im a rook when it comes to exhausts)

Thanks for your help

Old 07-27-2001, 10:08 AM
Alf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, see if I can help you here.

Let's start with the defitions:

CAT BACK means any component after the CAThalytic converter, muffler, pipes and tips.

SINGLE IN/DUAL OUT means how many pipes are connected to the actual muffler. Single In means one pipe, which comes fromt the exhaust manifold, is connected to the muffler. Dual Out means two pipes come out of the muffler. Of course Dual In/Dual out means two pipes to the muffler and two pipes from the muffler, and so on.

Now as for what brand to choose, this is very debatable. I guess it's about the sound each brand makes. I went for the Flowmaster 40 series, which is one of the loudest they make, and I'm very happy with it.

About tips, there are literally hundreds of styles. I guess it will also depend where you're going to install them: rear of the truck, behind the tire(s), before the tire, etc. Shop around and see which one catches your eye.

Hope this helps.

Alf

Quick Reply: pls recommend an exhaust system?