Straight pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 12:08 AM
LBT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Straight pipe

I am thinking of replacing the muffler with a section of 2.5" stainless steel pipe. Unfortunately it does not look like a straight shot and I am going to have a muffler shop put a few bends in it. Has anyone done the same? What's the feedback on such a system?

Old 07-09-2001, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lbt,
several of us run straight pipes on this board. by far, the best sounding "loud" system out here. (ok, just my opinion) some have run dual straights from the cats back, and others, like myself, have cut out the factory muffler; added a y-pipe; and run duals straight out the back. with the 4.6, if you run the duals, don't go bigger than 2 1/4" pipes off the "y". trust me on this one. also, others have done just as you mentioned and taken the muffler off, and put a piece in , and kept everything else the same. should still sound pretty good. the duals are more for looks than anything else. at least in my case they are. good luck, Rich.

Old 07-09-2001, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LBT,

If you go listen to my WAV files on here you will hear what a 5.4 with straights sounds like. I have it dualed after the cats and ran straight out the back with 3.5" tips. let me know what you think.

Quick Reply: Straight pipe