Gibson Super Truck Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gibson Super Truck Exhaust??

Does anyone else have a Gibson Super Truck exhaust? I've read a few posts about loss of low-end torque with aftermarket exhausts, but I didn't expect anything like this!

I talked with the tech guys @ Gibson and they recommended adding a K&N to help things out...

Right now my truck it really sluggish. I like the sound of the exhaust, but it vibrates the cab between 1500-2000 rpm - pretty much where my truck it at on the highway

Anybody want to share their experiences?

What's a good 0-60 time with a performance exhaust?

Thanks!

Doug

Old 07-06-2001, 09:49 PM
Thumbs up Gibson Super Truck

I have the Gibson Super Truck Exhaust System and i like it alot. No vibration here in cab. Nice sound. I have gotten many compliments on sound. That makes my day. As far as low end torque yes i to lost some low end but when i hit 2500 rpm's i noticed a big difference so i figure nice trade-off for me at least. I am running a self mod air box with a K&N Filter. The filter mod was done before by myself. I must say the air box mod helped alot too. When i installed new Gibson exhaust i reset my computer by disconnecting negative cable then turning head lights on (yes i know the lights will not come on but they will drain any charge left in system.) Wait 5 minutes then turn light switch back on off then re-connect negative cable and fire the Ford up, by the way i am running a 1997 F150 Reg cab 4.6 L Tow package also. Hope i helped

Old 07-07-2001, 03:25 AM
Thumbs up Gibson SuperTruck

I have the SuperTruck exhaust with a K&N and no problems at all. No real noticable vibration or rumbling in the cab(other than what's expected). Good power from start and on the highway. Not sure what could be going on.

Old 07-07-2001, 10:39 AM
Thumbs up

Go for it! You won't regret it. I didn't notice any low end loss. I love the sound and I don't feel that there is any annoying drone. The tips are ok, but I think some Borla square tips would look better.

Old 07-12-2001, 04:59 AM
I have had the Gibson Super Truck Exhaust on my truck for almost 3 years now. The muffler system has held up great and sounds great, but both of the tips broke about a year ago. The weld that holds the tips boxed together on the back broke. I just got some crappy tips to put on for the time being until I either buy some new Gibson ones or maybe some borlas. The only resonation I get with the exhaust is exactly at 1000 rpm. I am never there except when I start up so it's no biggie. I have had no power loss that I can remember and the top end is nice. I did put on a K&N filter at the same time. Go for it.

Quick Reply: Gibson Super Truck Exhaust??