Borla Install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla Install?

I just got my Borla SS Cat Back system today and I was wondering if anyone out there has installed one of these themselves. If so, how did it go? My main concern is leaks around the clamps. I got a quote from a local shop for about $50.00, but I don't mind doing it myself as long as the joints don't leak. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2001, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install

Jacap1,

I installed the Borla system on my truck. It would help to have a torch. When removing my old exhaust the pipe forward of the muffler was clamped so tight at the factory it crimped into the inner and wouldn't come off. SO I used my torch and it was off in 15 seconds.
As far as leaks I have found none. I have inspected it twice in 6 months and no loosness or leaks at all...YOu should like the sound as well. Not loud at idle or slow speeds. No drone what so ever as well in the cab. When one stomps on it though it sounds great. I raced a buddy of mine (chevy driver and spanked him as well) and he commented on how nice it sounded as I passed him...Key word PASSED!!!!
Take care and hope this helped in your question and save the $ 50.00

Quick Reply: Borla Install?