Where to get just banks muffler and tip and more q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get just banks muffler and tip and more q's

Besides Banks themselves, they want $88 for the tip and $183 for the muffler and i would imagine that is + shipping.
=$271 + shipping

If I cant find any other place I was just gonna order this kit for a chevy
http://www.carid.com/2009-chevy-silv...nks-86185.html
does it look like it comes with the tip and muffler? If so i would say its a better deal for only 250 shipped and i just get some pipes to toss.

On a side note what is the exhaust size of the 97-03 Y pipes, the size of the actual pipes not the area where it connects to the exhaust i know that is 2.5"
I think the other pipes are the same but want to be sure they arent 2.25" I may just get a universal 2.5 to 3" Y connector if they are 2.5"

Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay for a used system, and forum classifieds of coarse. I would just save another $150 and buy the whole stainless kit. Actually, I would just get a better muffler ( Borla ) and better looking tips ( Borla, Magnaflow )

Old 06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay for a used system, and forum classifieds of coarse. I would just save another $150 and buy the whole stainless kit. Actually, I would just get a better muffler ( Borla ) and better looking tips ( Borla, Magnaflow )
I love the looks of the banks tip. There is no use in me getting a kit, they dont make one for my body style truck. And if i bought a muffler other than the banks i think it would be a basanni

Quick Reply: Where to get just banks muffler and tip and more q's