Headers??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headers??

Ok dont know anything about headers and was wanting to maybe add a little bit to the truck.. Anybody running aftermarket headers around here? Now question is what exactly do they do too the truck? MPG? Louder? HP? Just all questions i was wondering about so maybe it can clear things up in my head... Now here is a video of current set up.. My buddy set this exhaust up and i know im not running any cats and its a y pipe to single inlet and then dual outlet muffler just dont know what which it exactly is but all i know its all flowmaster. Also tips are 3'X18' 45 Degree angle. To tell you the truth i have no idea if their are aftermarket headers on it but i cant be sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpTkUBx0e94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaipu...eature=channel

Old 07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do u want sound and a little performance? then go with shorties (ceramic, stainless)
do u want sound and high performance and added torque? then go with longtubes (ceramic, stainless)

Shorty headers won't give you as much "breathing" as long tubes. shorties are easier to install, but some long tubes have clearence problems. The difference between equal length and un-equal are the length of each tube. On equal length headers all the cylinder tubes are the same length, so the headers will have tubes twisted in all sorts of configurations to make them fit to the collector. On Un-equal headers the tubes range from longer to shorter giving the appearance of a smooth tube arrangement to the collector which in most cases makes them easier to install and change spark plugs.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That thing isn't loud enough for you?? Longtubes will make that thing roar, especially past 2500rpm, you may feel a little increase but being as high as yours is i wont guarantee it, but you will need to get your PCM re-tuned to comply with them. It is a PITA job, and i dont know how it will be with a body lift, but Dynatech makes the best LT headers for $800 without cats.

And that is definitely a 40 series, the part # to it should be on the inlet side of your muffler, try finding it sometime and type it in on summit and see what shows up.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
holy **** that thing is loud.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Ok dont know anything about headers and was wanting to maybe add a little bit to the truck.. Anybody running aftermarket headers around here? Now question is what exactly do they do too the truck? MPG? Louder? HP? Just all questions i was wondering about so maybe it can clear things up in my head... Now here is a video of current set up.. My buddy set this exhaust up and i know im not running any cats and its a y pipe to single inlet and then dual outlet muffler just dont know what which it exactly is but all i know its all flowmaster. Also tips are 3'X18' 45 Degree angle. To tell you the truth i have no idea if their are aftermarket headers on it but i cant be sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpTkUBx0e94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaipu...eature=channel
Hey Let me know if the headers work out for you, and witch ones you went with short or long tube headers, I would also like to buy headers for my 06 Mark LT.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
That thing isn't loud enough for you?? Longtubes will make that thing roar, especially past 2500rpm, you may feel a little increase but being as high as yours is i wont guarantee it, but you will need to get your PCM re-tuned to comply with them. It is a PITA job, and i dont know how it will be with a body lift, but Dynatech makes the best LT headers for $800 without cats.

And that is definitely a 40 series, the part # to it should be on the inlet side of your muffler, try finding it sometime and type it in on summit and see what shows up.
you really dont need to be tuned for long tubes when they change make changes in the tune it to the trans port delay i beileve it is all it dose is makes the o2 sensors adjust quicker since they have changed locations ran for a month or so with no new tune

Old 07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
hockey..what setup do u have? u definately dont have all ur cats

Old 07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Drdudsads
The high flow cats that come with the troyer kit are they good? Or should one purchase the magnaflow high cats instead? Sorry for the hi jack. Yet with long tube it will give ya more torque. My buddy has a chevy on 35's and we put long tube headers on and felt more bottom end grunt.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah i really dont want it any louder haha but i was just looking at something maybe that could get me a bit more hp or torque for laughs ya know. The truck already pisses alot of people off driving by lol

Darren-
Ive tried looking all around for a damm number or ne thing on it. Sprayed some wd40 on there to break up some of the dirt on there and still couldnt read ne thing besides Flowmaster on there.

Migdaddy-
Not exactly sure lol a buddy installed this for me.. Like Darren said i think its the 40 series. I have no cats at all single inlet and dual outlet muffler. I think i measured the tips to be 3"X18" and 45 Deg angle

Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 AM
You're gonna be deaf! haha

But really, lotion cause long tubes are going to rape your gas mileage.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mhockey9090

Darren-
Ive tried looking all around for a damm number or ne thing on it. Sprayed some wd40 on there to break up some of the dirt on there and still couldnt read ne thing besides Flowmaster on there.
Bummer, but I can say for my life that is a 40, Delta or Original not quite sure but its a 40.

Originally Posted by bigdog87
You're gonna be deaf! haha

But really, lotion cause long tubes are going to rape your gas mileage.
gas mileage? do you know just what has been done to this truck? gas mileage is definitely not an issue.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
he probably gets 1 Highway 0 City

Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Bummer, but I can say for my life that is a 40, Delta or Original not quite sure but its a 40.

gas mileage? do you know just what has been done to this truck? gas mileage is definitely not an issue.

lol, I know, trying to give him some knowledge cause he asked!

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Yeah i looked it up and there was 1 i saw that i thought it was ill look it up again and let ya know.

Yeah exactly right now im prob getting 11mpg or 12 in the city havent figured it out yet. I havent driven the truck enough with the new gears to be able to get a good reading.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I recommend the dynatech package.

http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...e=ford-f1504WD

Their probably one of the best out there. My brother got their lightning package and got some pretty awesome power gains on the dyno.

Quick Reply: Headers??