removing 4 cats...help

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
removing 4 cats...help

i have an 02 f150 with a 4.6. i have been having problems with lack of power in mid rpms. just did tuneup and checked fuel pressure. everything is ok so i think it is my cats. took the truck to midas to get 2 new magnaflow cats installed and they wont do it because it has 4 cats and with the cats it wont pass inspection. i live in illinois so there are no inspections. the guy said i could be fined if i put these cats on with no o2 sensors in them. the cats i bought do not have a plug for the o2 sensors. how can i go about getting these installed or do i need to get 4 new cats. any tips would be great! thanks

Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can still use the o2 sensors but weld them after the maggie cats. any good shop knows the 02's dont have to go directly in the cats but can be mounted aft. check with darrenws6 as he has helped me before. oh and delete the rears cats all together.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Search for a place that will replace the 4 with 2, and that will understand the CEL wont happen with the O2s properly mounted after the hi-flow cats.

Quick Reply: removing 4 cats...help