JLT cai and gryphon tunes installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JLT cai and gryphon tunes installed

Bill mostly and myself installed a JLT cai than he installed the gryphon on my truck today, all I can say is VVVRRROOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM
The cai looks cool all I need is a workable hood scoop and the gryphon is awesome. These two mods. woke up the sleeping giant, there's some drone out of the intake at WOT but as for Bill probably one of the most quiet ones he has heard on one of our trucks. I want to thank Bill and Corey for their help and profesionalism, as for the gryphon, its a great product I recommend it.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JLT intakes are very popular on Mustangs. I am thinking about buying one for my truck. I know they supply a heat shield, but is the engine heat still an issue for everyday driving or is this mostly a race application.

Sorry I just went back and read you post. So does JLT recommend a functional hood scoop for their intakes?

Last edited by marcus1033; 03-18-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Reread post.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Congrats Its a whole new truck now isnt it!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on the new sucessful modifications, enjoy.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Thanks. As far as I know the hood scoop is not a requirement but it would be nice to isolate the big air filter with cool ram air w a scoop, plus increases the trucks appeal. The filter is a J&B filter which by the way is pretty big, even thought smaller than most aftermarket applications, no tube across half the engine compartment and easy installation. I will take try once more to post pics, but I am having issues with the file size. Once I sove the problem I will post, unless I can email them to someone and they can post them.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 AM
About the heat shield thing, I put aluminum tape under neath in hope to isolate from the radiator hose.

Quick Reply: JLT cai and gryphon tunes installed