What is your opinion on this JBA????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ignore

I live outside Toronto, and 4 years ago a made the mistake of not going stianless when I did my cat back exhaust. I went with 3 inche vortex, which is just about rotted through. I want to send this JBA system to my sister in Kentucky. and drive down and install it. what do you guys think, I have a 2000 F150 4.6L 4x4 extented cab, 6.5 ft bed. I pretty sure it will fit. Is this something I can install with my brother inlaw, without the use of a welder?

heres the link for the exhaust

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Last edited by JoryWLU; 02-09-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Accentidently posted twice, computer error.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got this exact system, branded K&N though, made by JBA. It will be loved, plus it's easy to install. I had an aluminized system before, rotted, but had it installed. I don't think they did more to taking the stock exhaust off than unbolting a clamp and slid it off. After that, half *** line things up before tightening, make sure it sits and fits nice and tighten up. My suggestion, get better clamps than provided, more where the old meets new. A band clamp perhaps, mine has the old u shape clamp and it still lets the exhaust slide back and fourth. I'm gonna change that one soon.

The other clamps will work fine, just put a dab of anti-sieze on the threads because tightening stainless especially with a air gun (recommended) causes lots of heat.

Last edited by BLUE20004X4; 02-10-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
I've got this exact system, branded K&N though, made by JBA. It will be loved, plus it's easy to install. I had an aluminized system before, rotted, but had it installed. I don't think they did more to taking the stock exhaust off than unbolting a clamp and slid it off. After that, half *** line things up before tightening, make sure it sits and fits nice and tighten up. My suggestion, get better clamps than provided, more where the old meets new. A band clamp perhaps, mine has the old u shape clamp and it still lets the exhaust slide back and fourth. I'm gonna change that one soon.

The other clamps will work fine, just put a dab of anti-sieze on the threads because tightening stainless especially with a air gun (recommended) causes lots of heat.
What do you think of the system. how does it sound compared to stock, what did you have before. i am expecting it to be alot quiter then my 3 inch vortex. my friend has the same truck stright piped and my truck is still louder with the vortex. i not looking for loud sound, just want to know what to expect.

Do you think this jba will hold up to the snowy winters. And also. i gues i shouldn't worry about it fitting my 2000 extended cab short box 4x4.

thanks for the info.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:34 AM
It's not the loudest by any means, 2000 rpm's is where you hear it. It's not that it's quiet, just you cant hear in the cab too much. I had a Dynomax Super Turbo system before, similar sound. It's a good non redneck sound, more like a louder Lightning. It takes the snow and salt and whatever else very well, hell, wipe it down in the spring and it looks new. I'm going on 4 yrs with it and love it.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
it ordered and on the way. How long did you leave the stock pipe coming from the cats. I want to shorten that up, What do I need to pickup for the stainless extensions and hardware to make it worked.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I left the stock pipe the length it already was. It should unbolt and slide off, some "persuading" and maybe a torch to heat it will help. I will say you are set to go, just like I said look for some stainless band clamps for 2.5" tube.

Quick Reply: What is your opinion on this JBA????????