Straight Pipes Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cheesepuff1
i have no muffler or rear cats and dumped my exhaust where muffler was... it does sound good but the cab noise is getting on my nerves now.... im going to get a super 44 and exit out in front of rear passanger wheel....
Damn, could you get a video clip of how that sounds outside? The Super 44 will still be loud inside, but not as loud probably.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to take my stock muffler and tail pipe off and put a flowmaster 44 with dual outlets right onto where the stock muffler came off and run dual 3" pipes out. But I cant find a flowmaster 2.5" inlet and dual 3" outlets. Do most people just run 2.5" duals? I think my dads friend is going to make me the exhaust since its alot cheaper and he has an exhaust bender.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i first bought my truck, someone had put true duals on it with no cats, and no mufflers. it was loud, and sounded good. it only took 1 1800 mile road trip to convince me, that i needed some mufflers on my truck. i went with a x pipe in too dual super 44's. sounds great, and is a bit quieter inside the truck!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cheesepuff1
i have no muffler or rear cats and dumped my exhaust where muffler was... it does sound good but the cab noise is getting on my nerves now.... im going to get a super 44 and exit out in front of rear passanger wheel....
My Flowmaster was loud. Plenty of cab drone. My Heartthrob is actually more comfortable. I can hear the rumble, but no annoying droning.

Quick Reply: Straight Pipes Dual Exhaust