Where's Everybody Getting their MBRP Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's Everybody Getting their MBRP Kits?

It seems that the MBRP Cool Dual SIDO kits are more EXPENSIVE than most kits I've seen. Where are you all purchasing from? Or, better yet, where is the cheapest place? Because I tow, I want a SIDO that exits out the side behind the tires. I loved my Roush Off-Road, but those pipes straight out the back pointing at my flying brick travel trailer (and the truck locked out of O/D) will get annoying after 300 miles. I thought about having a shop reconfigure the tails on the Roush, but nobody around here wants to do it for less than a couple hundred bucks. If I add that to the Roush kit cost, I can buy the MBRP, which IMO is a nicer kit to begin with.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 PM
i got mine from www.performancetruckproducts.com

BionikP also ordered his from there as well. significantly cheaper than any other place i could find.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Yup...exactly what Big Slick said....they are the cheapest around for MBRP. Although I see you have a F-250....the site listed above is selling the system you are looking for at $980 and some change....how's that compare with other sites you are looking at? That is for the T-304 SS...they do have the option to go with T-409 or even aluminized if you want to go that route. The T-409 cuts a little over $300 off the price.

Hey Slick how you liking the exhaust now that you've had it on for a little bit now?

Last edited by Bionik_P; 04-22-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Bionik_P
Yup...exactly what Big Slick said....they are the cheapest around for MBRP. Although I see you have a F-250....the site listed above is selling the system you are looking for at $980 and some change....how's that compare with other sites you are looking at? That is for the T-304 SS...they do have the option to go with T-409 or even aluminized if you want to go that route. The T-409 cuts a little over $300 off the price.

Hey Slick how you liking the exhaust now that you've had it on for a little bit now?
Yeah, sorry, but when I started this thread a long time ago, I was looking for a future F-150 exhaust. Well, the future is here, and my 2008 Supercrew sould be here in a few weeks, so I'm looking for the new truck. I have the MBRP on my current 2007 diesel, though. I love MBRP. The current ride marks #5, if I counted correctly, since I started tweaking diesels.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Ah ok, then yes the above site will be the cheapest that Big Slick and I have found. They only offer the T-304 SS, so you'll pay a little bit more. If you wanted to save $32.00, you could go with the SI/SO....the difference is that the SI/SO is 3.5" piping and the SI/DO is 3.0" piping....well that and the fact that one is a single and the other is a dual exit.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bionik_P

i'll give it a 9/10 as far as i'm concerned. only dings against it are:

slight loss of low end, though it's not that big of a deal to me. the loss felt minimal and i think the efans that are going in next should help negate any loss that may have taken place.

sound. i really love the way it sounds, but every once in awhile i'll wish it was louder. i really do like how it rumbles more than crackles like a lot of other exhausts out there.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree with you 100% on that Slick. I really like how that huge tip looks on the truck. Now that I have my wheels and tires on, I just laugh at how small the stock exhaust looked.

I'm going to be getting a tune/intake or e-fans soon myself to take care of any low end loss. I also agree with the sound. I love the deep rumble, but at times I almost wish it was louder...then again I'm also coming from my Cobra too, so the sound level is going to be a little different.

Quick Reply: Where's Everybody Getting their MBRP Kits?