AF1 or Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tornadom
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

I am in the spot where I am not sure if I would rather re-gear, or get an Intake, longtubes, exhaust, e-fan, and a tune. These 3.55 gears and 35's are not playing well together.
re-gear to 4.56's... If you go longtubes, make sure you have a plan on how you will pass smog.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
The CAI I can do this month, I'd have to wait until March for the Tune. I don't like waiting, which is why I'm leaning CAI for immediate gains. And I've got the bug now, just got my exhaust and new shoes so I'm itching for more.

I'm in the process of cleaning my drop in KN filter which hasn't been cleaned in 2 years. Of course I didn't know it had one until I got the oil changed awhile back by jiffylube. They said it was clean. Today it was black and full of my tree that the truck sits under. Maybe a CAI with a box is better for me?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
re-gear to 4.56's... If you go longtubes, make sure you have a plan on how you will pass smog.
I am going to be re-gearing here pretty soon, and I have ways to pass smog.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I am going to be re-gearing here pretty soon, and I have ways to pass smog.
Cool..
(Mr.Ways ) and I meet in 1981 and over the years have got together a few times

Old 02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I hear you on that... I have lived in CA my entire life, and have been an auto enthusiast since birth.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I hear you on that... I have lived in CA my entire life, and have been an auto enthusiast since birth.
I was born into it so it's just part of my life.
You can email me if you decide to go with longtubes. I need to clear a few things out of my garage

Old 02-03-2008, 08:19 AM
?

Originally Posted by Alon@ModBargains
I would do intake first to maximize the performance of the tuner. From what i've always done with trucks is do the hardware first, then tune it all up.

I dont see how the AF1 can really outperform S&B when AF1 uses the S&B filters. And as far as dynos go, you can skew numbers very easily on a dyno... I like to see dyno charts for comparison, but what was the difference between AF1 and S&B? 1-2 hp? You could dyno the same truck 3 times and get 3 different hp readings. Also, was it the same truck that had both intakes, on the same dyno, the same day?
i guess if i only sold intakes and no tuners i'd push the product i carry too

Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Suspended
As I said at length in another thread...I am speaking from my PERSONAL experiences with MY PERSONAL truck. I think I am going to get some tuners up on the site earlier than planned, just so I dont have to get crap when I give my PERSONAL advice.

I dont have Van intakes on my website but I gave you a quote on one yesterday... I can get tuners just as easily, but I still recommend the intake first before the tuner.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Alon@ModBargains
As I said at length in another thread...I am speaking from my PERSONAL experiences with MY PERSONAL truck. I think I am going to get some tuners up on the site earlier than planned, just so I dont have to get crap when I give my PERSONAL advice.

I dont have Van intakes on my website but I gave you a quote on one yesterday... I can get tuners just as easily, but I still recommend the intake first before the tuner.
Just ignore these chumps. Unless you are Troyer they will ague with anything you say. Mike is a nice guy, I know he sells a quality product, what some here don't get is other manufacturers can make quality products too.... even without the TP seal of approval

Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
Just ignore these chumps. Unless you are Troyer they will ague with anything you say. Mike is a nice guy, I know he sells a quality product, what some here don't get is other manufacturers can make quality products too.... even without the TP seal of approval
Was that necessary?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by FX4&EXCURSION
Was that necessary?
Yes it was, Modbargains is a site sponsor and he has every right to sell a product here or speak of a product without the TP party coming in here and debating everything he says. Give the guy a break, he is here giving info to potential customers and helping people with questions.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Suspended
Thanks scott! I'm just here to help out where I can. I'm not here from a specific company to push my products, I can carry/sell whatever I want. I speak from experience with what I am recommending and with the products I sell.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Appreciate all the replies. After some more searching, everyone seems happy with whatever intake they have, whether it's AF1, AEM, S&B, K&N, etc. As a total novice in this mod department, I'll just base my purchase on looks and price as long as I stay to the top sellers. I do know that I'll get the XcalIII though for the canned tunes while I wait, however long that will be!

Quick Reply: AF1 or Tune?