3 inch Af1 vs. Trueflow

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 inch Af1 vs. Trueflow

I am currently waiting on my Xcal2 tunes from Troyer its only been about 3 weeks since I faxed my sheets so I do have time to make a change. The question I have is I have a TrueFlow c.a.i., would it be that much of a difference to change to the AF1. I do like the TrueFlow and I can tell the difference in low end torque and throttle response I have gained since I have installed it. But since Mike at TP recommends and has done so many of these I just wanted to get some more input while I still had the opportunity to change. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want the best tune/intake combo from Troyer, from reading this forum you will get the notion that it will be with the AF1 intake. We have never seen a dyno of it here on this forum, but it is what people type about anyways. Could be true or it could be just a bunch of people typing.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by torqueaholic
If you want the best tune/intake combo from Troyer, from reading this forum you will get the notion that it will be with the AF1 intake. We have never seen a dyno of it here on this forum, but it is what people type about anyways. Could be true or it could be just a bunch of people typing.
Fair statement.

But - one phone call will fix ya right up. TP does not publish test data - for reasons you will need to search here to find out.

The data does indeed exist, if you want to find it - your call.

OP - Trueflow will be fine as long as any corrections, if required, are accounted for in the tuning.

There are a lot of folks here with TP tuning and non-AF1 intakes - they are a happy bunch
nevertheless.

Finally - here's a good read w.r.t Truflow, etc ...( note that some info pre-dates the intro of AF1's products).

--> https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...light=trueflow

bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-18-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 3 inch Af1 vs. Trueflow