Rouch Off-Road vs. Magnaflow 16614

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush Off-Road vs. Magnaflow 16614

Can anybody tell me how the sound of the Roush Off-Road SIDO compares to the Magnaflow 16614 SIDI? I am assuming the Roush is louder as the pictures I have seen of the Roush show a very short muffler (i.e. LOUDER) when compared to the Maggie. I was told both Roush systems are CARB certified, and the Roush system may have a muffer manufactured by Maggie. Is this true?

Last edited by Smokewagun; 02-05-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I heard the Roush system is made by Borla.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I heard it was from Magnaflow too, so now i have no idea lol, but the offroad kit will be louder than your magnaflow, my persdonal taste in exhaust is tones deepness, so I would say keep the magnaflow although with your situation I understand that you would like to junk it.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:02 AM
the roush system is mfr'd by Borla- i've got one. the roush off road is not CARB legal i don't believe (off-road usually signifies this)

Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by BalogUK
the roush system is mfr'd by Borla- i've got one. the roush off road is not CARB legal i don't believe (off-road usually signifies this)
As for the CARB, I was going on what I was told by the distributor - who talked directly to Roush.... maybe a misunderstanding on my part. I don't care, as I live in Illinois in the sticks, and certifications aren't meaning much... yet. Heck, I have the AF1 to blow that cert anyway.

Anyway, I looked at the Roush Off-Road kit last night. The muffler is no bigger than a cook book! I can't believe how small it actully is. I am a little nervous about replacing my Magnaflow with an off-road kit as I am worried it will be VERY LOUD. I don't like the rappy Flowmaster sound, and hopefully an Off Road won't drown me out of the cab when hauling my camper or trailer.

I liked the way Roush welded the long inlet pipe and mandrel bent portions of both dual outlet pipes directly to the muffler in an entire piece about five feet long. It IS NOT all in pieces like their literature shows. All there is to install is one cross-over pipe to get the driver's side tailpipe over, and two tailpipe sections... and two MASSIVE tips. The hanger brackets off the rear spring shackles are BEEFY stainless. Probably to hold up those tips! LOL. Remarkably, the system weight in the box felt substantially less than the Magnaflow, I thought.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I had a Magnaflow SI/SO and now have the Roush off-road SI/DO. The Roush has a deeper tone and is a little louder. IMO the Roush is better quality and sounds better, although it has a little more cabin drone that the Magnaflow did.

I have not heard the Magnaflow SI/DO though, that would be a better comparison.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
My understanding is that Cat-Back systems do not have to get CARB approved. This is because they are attached after the flow has traveled through the emissions systems and have done their jobs.

Quick Reply: Rouch Off-Road vs. Magnaflow 16614