MagnaFlow New Exhaust - Kit vs Custom Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MagnaFlow New Exhaust - Kit vs Custom Install

I am getting ready to install a MagnaFlow SIDO system on my 2006 F-150. I can order a MagnaFlow cat back system for about $500 or go to a local muffler shop and get a MagnaFlow sido muffler and custom made piping for $300. Other than the MagnaFlow piping being stainless is there a real advantage to buying the much higher priced MagnFlow system. I doubt if the local shop will have madrel bent pipes though I don't know for sure. I also know the local shop welds their system while the MagnaFlow system is clamped.

Thanks,
Tom

Old 06-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't know where you are looking at magnafolw systems at but 500 is crazy high!.... check out www.hottexhaust.com theres a few coupon codes floating around this site I got my Magnaflow off that site for $395.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
SnowmaNick
Nineback, a large part of what makes these exhausts from Magnaflow so desirable is the piping. They use all stainless steel and it is all mandrel bent which is an expensive process that keeps the pipes diameter a constant through the whole length. Most muffler shops will use a regular pipe bender which cruhes the pipes in the corners and reduce the flow. The benefit of the mandreel bent pipe is that you are getting the benefits of all the R&D that went into it, so you will get the best HP/TQ results and the best sound. Also, when you have the exhaust installed you can tell them to weld it together. I'd highly recommend going with the full cat back system as well as checking out hottexhaust.com and use the coupon for the discount. The coupon code is fordtruck8. Best of luck

Last edited by SnowmaNick; 06-11-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the help.

Tom

Quick Reply: MagnaFlow New Exhaust - Kit vs Custom Install