Harley Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Harley Exhaust

Has anyone installed the HD exhaust on a regular XLT or Lariet? How does it sound and are there any performance increases? The local Ford dealer quoted me a price of $180 before installation.

Old 04-10-2001, 06:25 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Exclamation

Did price it all or just the muffler??? I also checked on this, cost on the muffler only is $180.00 the tailpipes( with the SS tips) are another $200.00 at retail from Ford.
Lariat#1

Old 05-07-2001, 12:10 AM
Be careful installing it on a ext. cab stepside. I know there are problems with this set up. Read my post here.

HD Exhaust Warning

Styleside may be ok but stepside's shocks interfere and then are melted by touching the exhaust.

------------------
2001.5 SuperCrew XLT 4X4 (Gen III)
Silver Clearcoat Metallic
Deep Wedgewood Blue (accent)
5.4L V8
Chrome Tubular Step Bars (Ford)
Captains Chairs
Power Moonroof
3.55 LS
6750 GVWR
Class III Towing Pkg

Mods:
Harley Davidson Exhaust
'01 Lightning Head/Tail Lamps
Pioneer DEH-9200r
Boston Acoustic Components & 5X7s
Box Liner (Ford)
Splashguards (Ford)
Bug Defector Doubles as Rock and Sand/Salt Deflector in these snowy Canadian winters
K&N Air Filter

To Come:
17" Rims/Tires w/ BFG A/T or ProComps
WMS Velocity Tube
Radio Delay Mod
Eurolights

Old 05-07-2001, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Jimmar warnings are right. I had gotten the Harley exhaust from John in archdale(agrvn8)right after I purchased my truck. Local muffler guy was going to install but since both my shocks mount towards the rear of the truck it would not work. The passenger side needs to be mounted towards the front of truck for the pipe to run through without hitting the shock. On my styleside this wasn`t the case. It would have been nice to put on but didn`t want to get/make bracket to re-position the shock

------------------
2000 F150 SC, XLT, Bright Red/Silver 4x2,Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS,CD, sliding rear window, Tow package,Captains chairs,Remote Entry, Ford Bedliner, molded splash guards,Stainless step bars and bed rails.
FM50 Delta single in/dual out the back.Clear Corners.Pretty much stock now but waiting for performance mods to include FIPK,,Superchip, new wheels/tires and new audio.

Quick Reply: Harley Exhaust