Sound Difference of True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2000, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Gibson split-rear does have a much deeper sound than stock. It is what you called "fake duals." It was the exact sound that I was looking for. It is not too loud, especially in the cab, but has a nice, deep, mellow sound. It sounds really nice when I get on the throttle hard.

Black 'n Tan Lariat,
Actually, some aftermarket mufflers CAN increase torque. That is actually where Gibson specializes. However, their highest torque producing exhaust is the single exit swept side.

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road Extended Cab Lariat Flareside white/tan, tan leather, 4.6, 3.55

Duraliner bedliner, Husky floormats, Custom seatcovers (I only cover the leather when I'm really dirty, though), Premier single-lid toolbox

Gibson 2.5" split-rear exit cat-back exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Many more modifications to come

http://ocu-stars.okcu.edu/cvenable.stu/index.htm#b

Old 02-27-2000, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Local exhaust shop custom bends & welds aluminized pipe from the cats back for $150. Customer gets glasspacks or "turbo" mufflers (I don't know the brand). Glasspacks come in various lengths. Again, customer's choice.

The bends aren't mandrel, but I'll take the $300 cost difference and suffer through the "reduced" performance.

Neal

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/glass-packs, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, 2000 "XLT" wheels, 4.10 gears, Auburn LS, Clarion In-dash CD player, Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars.

2000 4x2 F150 XLT Reg. Cab LWB- 5.4L, Tow Pkg, 3.55LS, CD player,Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, Special Appearance Pkg., tinted windows, Line-X bedliner, and Prime #155 wheels.

http://members.visualcities.com/NoMo

Old 02-28-2000, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I know I have said this before, but I will say it again.

Check out supertrapp mufflers. Like Jardine, they are more used in the Motorcycle world, but they make great mufflers for cars and trucks too. They actually fit on the end of your pipes instead of exhaust tips. They are tunable also. They have metal disks enserted in the end of them with spacers, so you can increase backpressure by removing disks or decrese backpreassure by inserting disks. This is what I plan on doing when I replace my exhaust with true duals.

Check them out at www.supertrapp.com You can also find them in the Summit racing catalog.

------------------
Chris Thomas
1998 F-150XLT Flareside STX Sport Package, 4.6L Auto 3.55 Oxford White/Gray interior, Factory Anti-theft system
Picture: http://216.147.104.171/Y2K/members/ChrisT/christ1a.jpg
Homepage: Chris & Brandi's Universe
Mods: A.R.E. Decklid/Oxford White with gray fabric liner, K&N filter with Airbox Mod (removed silencer), Lowered 3" front/5" rear, Tinted Windows, GTS sloted taillight covers (painted Oxford white to match), Removed STX stickers
Audio: Kenwood Truck speakers with 10" woofers, Rockford Fosgate and Alpine Amps, Ford 10 disk CD changer
Future Mods: 20" rims and tires, True duals with Supertrap tunable mufflers, Superchip, Supercharger, Jacobs Ignition, and whatever else I can think of!!!

Quick Reply: Sound Difference of True Duals