Exhaust Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Leak?

I purchased a brand new 2003 Supercrew Lariat about 10 months ago and after about 6000 miles (10k now) it developed this faint ringing, whistling type noise. The noise seemed to be coming from the left front side and it sounds like it is coming through the dash.

I took it back to the dealer for service and the technician said it sounded to him like a leak around the catalytic converter. So I left the truck and returned that afternoon to pick it up. When I returned the service manager told me that it couldn't be fixed. He showed me a TSB that said this problem was common on 97-03 F150 models and that Ford Engineering was working on the problem and he would let me know when they had a fix.

I had a 99 F-150 and a 01 Supercrew and neither of these trucks had this problem. I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions? Please help.

Old 03-08-2004, 08:09 AM
When do you hear this noise?? Is it only during idle?? If so, so you have a FIPK installed??

Old 03-08-2004, 11:07 AM
It is a constant sound that just gets louder the higher the rpm's. It just sounds like faint bells ringing. The only place you can hear it is from inside the cab. You can not really hear it during idle.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Leak?