Angry at Truck Performance.com and want people to know

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2000, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an update. Remember in the original post when TPC said they could not accept my card? Well guess what? I just recieved my statements and they did refund the charges, but to the card they said was not valid. Hmmm, makes you wonder.

------------------
1997 F-250 Light Duty, Super Cab, Short Bed, 5.4L, 4x4, 3.73LS, Gibson SuperTruck exhaust, K&N Filter, BFG AT(KO) 285/75R16, Westin Black Nerf Bars, SuperChip.

Old 04-27-2000, 01:32 PM
Although I've ordered a ton from Summit and I will probably continue to do so, they were not very responsive to the last problem I had from them. It really depends on who you get. I purchased an MSD distributor and when I opened the package, it was missing gaskets, springs, and washers. As I investigated further, it was obvious that this dist had been purchased by someone else who had returned it minus the parts I mentioned. When I called Summit, they agreed to send me the missing parts, but it would be UPS (4 days, they would not ship overnight and because it was Friday afternoon, they would not ship until Monday) and they would not discount my used distributor. I told them nevermind, if I pay $200 for a distributor, I expect it to be new!! And I returned it.

Slik

Old 04-29-2000, 02:09 AM
I also had a problem with Eric at Truck Performance. they were a buch of @$$holes.

Old 05-03-2000, 10:42 AM
Exclamation

Always do mail order with a Gold Visa/Mastercard. If you are ripped off, or unhappy with the merchandise your account will be creditted and the credit co will work it out with the vendor. I never had to do that but the protection is nice to have.

Old 05-04-2000, 11:37 PM
Thumbs up

I ordered my K&N FIPK and a couple other things through TPC and shipped UPS Orange. Sure enough I had it in 3 days!

The only thing I noticed is that they shipped me a '97-99 model year kit. I called K&N and they told me there was no official kits for the '00's yet, but that the 99 would work fine. (The '00 kits are pending CARB cert.)

Otherwise no complaints here.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, Styleside, White, Dark Graphite Int., 4x4, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Off-Road pkg (Skid Plates, Cab Steps, Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers, LT265/70R17SL), Class III Towing pkg with Heavy Duty Cooling pkg, 4 wheel disk ABS, Overhead Console, Factory In-Dash CD, Remote Keyless Entry, and Sliding Rear Window.

Added: K&N FIPK, Cabin Air Filtration, Ventvisors, Ford Bug Deflector

Old 05-05-2000, 10:57 PM
Just wanted everybody to know that I just ordered a gibson exhaust system from TPC on their website. Everything went just fine and I received it today after ordering it on monday. It is unfortunate that many people have had problems with this company. I just eliminated talking to a person who didn't know anything and it went just fine. The disadvantage is that you have to know exactly what you want.

Good luck to all

------------------
Y2K F150 SC 4x4
Trition 4.6, 5 sp manual
Tow Package, Factory CD
Sliding rear window, 3.55 LS pumpkins

Mods: Lund Deflecta-shield II, K & N filtercharger

Old 05-11-2000, 06:16 AM
I too had probelms with TPC when ordering my FIPK and TB spacer. They were the lowest on price but told me they would have it to me in just 5-7 days. I waited 2 weeks and then called back and spoke to Justin. He informed me that the parts had not been shipped yet and then asked him why. They could not come up with a good answer so I told them that I wanted to cancel my order and that I had found it for $10 more at a local truck performance place and then he became real rude. It took then almost a month to cancel the charge from my Visa. I will never do business with them again, and buyer beware. I'm just glad to know that i'm not the only one with a sour taste for this place.

------------------
99 F-150 S/C, 5.4L, 3.55, Gibson 3", Airaid FIPK, TB Spacer
01 Explorer Sport Trac, 4.0L, 3.73 (no mods yet)

Old 05-30-2000, 10:22 PM
Angry

In February I ordered a Lund hood deflector from those boneheads. They said it was to be drop-shipped from the factory-- "should be there within 3 weeks". When I called back after a month, I was told "it will go out tomorrow-- should have it within 3 days". When I called back a week later I was told "it went out yesterday-- should have it within 2 days". When I called back the next week, they finally called Lund and found out it was back ordered and would not ship for another 3 weeks. Needless to say I cancelled the order and will never deal with them again no matter what the price!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat SC Flareside, Chestnut w/gold trim

Old 06-03-2000, 04:02 AM
Well, I too did business with TPC. I ordered the Flowmaster Force II system online which should have shipped in 3-5 days. I was charged the next day and informed by e-mail that the system was on back order for 3 weeks. Placed several calls to customer support after the 3rd week and was repeatedly told it was ready to ship. Customer service was lacking and they don't make you feel very comfortable about the $200-$300 purchase you've just made. This needless to say makes me wary about future online purchases from any online company, because there is nothing like face to face interaction when problems arise. Finally did receive the system after the 5th week. Thanks Scamp, only wish I had read this a couple of months ago. I will always consult the experts on F150 online before I make anymore purchases.

Old 06-16-2000, 11:30 AM
Wow! I was impressed with their Site but am very displeased with your stories. I will not buy my new exaust from them thats for sure. Kudos!

------------------
1995 F150 4.9L 6Cyl
http://kirby.colorado.edu/~terry/f150.html

Just hooked myself up with a K&N and looking to add a Superchip once I make sure I earn enough this summer for tuition

Old 08-21-2000, 11:50 PM
Thumbs down

I ordered a Flowmaster 50 SUV on August 11,2000. The email confirmation that I received listed a ship date of September 11,2000. 30 days to ship, with no reason given. I would probably accept the 30 days if someone would have provided a reason.

I have contacted Customer Care with no responce yet! Visa disputed the charge without hesitation.

More later...if wanted.

------------------
The Saint
2000 F-150
5.4 L
4X4

Quick Reply: Angry at Truck Performance.com and want people to know