Serivce Engine Soon Light after Magnaflow Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Serivce Engine Soon Light after Magnaflow Install

Ever since I Replaced my stock muffler with a Mangaflow my service engine light came on. I had reset many times, but I just got a OBDIIscanner and it says 0401 - Exhaust Gas Recircualtion Flow Insufficient Detected...

Any Ideas??? Please Help

Old 01-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... Check your EGR valve. When you get that code usually the passages in the EGR valve or the TB ELBOW get carboned up. You simply remove the EGR and TB ELBOW and clean them out with F.I cleaner and a pipe cleaner brush. It has nothing to do with your muffler.

Old 01-28-2003, 06:33 PM
It is a sensor that is causing the malfunction. I believe it is covered under an extended warranty program that ford is offering(like a recall) not positive on this. I would check with ford, i have heard about people getting letters from ford stating this. anyone else hear about this?

Ron

Old 01-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Question EGR VALVE

My OBDII scanner clear the code but I am sure it will be back soon. Meanwhie I will clean the EGR vavle and elbow. Then I guess Call FORD :-( if it doesnt work. Ya anyone know about the recall for the Sensor the 99sc4x4 is talking about?

Old 02-13-2003, 08:44 PM
I have a theory that I think is good enough for posting. When you installed your magnaflow you actually reduced backpressure a little bit in the exhaust system. And you probably had a little buildup in your egr system. With your factory system you had enough pressure to force enough exhaust thru the intake. But with the lower pressures in the exhaust, there isnt sufficient force to push the exhaust thru the orifice your truck has made in the egr system. So if this is actually true, your egr system would have eventually set the code, however with your magnaflow it just quickened up the process a bit. What do ya think, sounds good to me. Thats not gonna stop me from getting a magnaflow system installed.

Old 02-14-2003, 01:55 PM
P0401 Code

Me either. I love my mangaflow. I just leave the obdii reader plugged in and it keeps light off for now until I figure it out other wise hehe. I got it here nice and small and cheap. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33596

Mike

Quick Reply: Serivce Engine Soon Light after Magnaflow Install