Water Water

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2000, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Water Water

I have seen some other topics on this but I am still amazed at the amount of water that drops on the ground when the truck is first started and is idling. It looks like the water is dropping from a point where the header pipes bend to the "y" pipe connection. If the water is comming out of "drain holes" in the exhaust system, then why does it not leak exhaust? It looks like the water is condensing on the outside of the pipe and driiping off. I have never had this on my 5.0 truck and 5.0 mustang nor any other car/truck my dad owned. If they did it was nowhere as noticable as this.

I guess if I am stuck in the desert and need a drink- i have h2o?

What do you think. i know what the dealer will say ......."that is normal"

------------------
2000 f150 4x4 XLT Island Blue Supercab, 5.4, 3.55 Limited Slip
Class III Towing Package& Trans Cooler; Backcountry Stainless Step Bars;

Old 03-27-2000, 02:29 AM
Mine does the same thing, drops of water dripping from the y-pipe where it crosses from the drivers side to the passenger side. Don't know where it is coming from, but it is plain water with nothing else in it. Maybe the cats have a small drain hole in the back like the stock muffler to eliminate moisture from them.

------------------
2000 F150 SuperCab, Short Bed, 4X4, ORP, 5.4L, Auto Trans, 3.55LS, Captains Chairs with power drivers seat, rear slider, class III towing package, remote entry with alarm and just about everything you can get on this truck. Added a Ford bug deflecter, floor mats, a K&N filter and a Dynamax Race magnum muffler.

Old 03-27-2000, 06:32 AM
Mine too.

2000 F150 4X4 Sport
4.6L

[This message has been edited by Jon S (edited 03-27-2000).]

Old 03-27-2000, 11:31 PM
DAW
Mine did the exact same thing and I took it to the dealer, they removed the welded on clamp and replaced it with what they called a guillotine type clamp and used high temp sealer. Mine leaked a bunch of water from that point, and you could tell that it was coming from the joint where the two pipes fit together, maybe I shouldn't of been that worried about it but it shure didn't seem normal.
I haven't noticed it leaking anymore since this was done.

DAW

Old 03-28-2000, 12:14 AM
Gee, I thought it was from the A/C evaporator. I'll look more closely.

------------------
2001 SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat 5.4/4-spd auto, 3.55 l/s, elec xfer case, Skids, Class III tow, Stock 17"s, Oxford White/Med Graphite leather capts chairs, Rhinolined
Planned: K&N FIPK (When they get the CARB # for 2001's), Superchip

Old 04-02-2000, 11:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I first got my truck one time I noticed a small puddle of flulid under the truck after stoping at a store to get a couple of things. I freaked out at first because a new truck shouldn't have any kind of leak then I seen water driping from the exhaust and after reading about it being normal. I don't worry about it anymore when I see a puddle under the truck.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT Reg. cab
4.6 Triton Engine
4x2 3.55 rear end gear
sliding rear window
automatic keyless entry
white styleside short box

Quick Reply: Water Water