got Flowmaster...switchin to Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation got Flowmaster...switchin to Magnaflow

i've been talking to a few people about exhaust systems. i got Flowmaster 40 series exhaust about 8 mths ago. it sounds awesome, but i noticed a slight "lag" when i punched the gas. i've been reading posts about exhaust and it seems a few people said that Magnaflow is the way to go if u want the most power. someone mentioned to me in an email that flowmaster gives u some high-end power, but slows ur low-end... i can vibe for that.. i can feel the difference on the highway some, but in the city, at stop lights... i can feel the "lag" a little.

anyways, i've decided to go with a Magnaflow exhaust setup sooner or later. i dont really need to do it now, but would like to soon. i'm looking for a Lightning ground effects body kit that has the dual outlet holes on the passengers side. as soon as i find that, i'm gonna switch over to Magna.

JP

p.s. does anyone know about how much it will cost for a new setup? or about how much i could sell my Flowmaster 40 series and chrome tips for? thanx.

Old 01-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi How's it going!

Well I put a Flowmaster 40 Series on my truck using a 3inch in and 2.5 out on pipes and coming out under bumper to 5inch tips and for about 2 days it had the lag the puff the computer must have learned the changes it has more low and top end power than with the stock exhaust! Only compliant is I wished it was a little louder but the cats are soaking up the sound for the most part.

I love the throttle response though. maybe you just need to unhook your battery terminal for a little while.

Quick Reply: got Flowmaster...switchin to Magnaflow