Excursion

200 excursion, power locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200 excursion, power locks

Hey,

Just bought a 2000 Excursion and there is a problem with the locks. When I click the drivers side to L or Unlock it will work for the front passenger door but none of the others work including the driver the door, this is the same for the front passenger door switch also, it works the pass. lock but nothing else, you can hear a click and it looks like maybe the lock switches move just a little but nothing happens, I know there is a problem with the actuators or a switch in the drivers door or something

Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
DRJ
I just had to add a door lock actuator to both the driver and passenger side of our 2001 Excursion, the rear gate actuator also gave out, I am driven to believe that the stock actuators just wear out. I used some 524n (high power) and 524t (reg.) from pepboys and best buy. It took me about an hour to install each. You can use a multi-meter to find your 2 wires off of the stock actuator. The wires can be tapped in near the latch part of the door.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by excursion2000
Hey,

Just bought a 2000 Excursion and there is a problem with the locks. When I click the drivers side to L or Unlock it will work for the front passenger door but none of the others work including the driver the door, this is the same for the front passenger door switch also, it works the pass. lock but nothing else, you can hear a click and it looks like maybe the lock switches move just a little but nothing happens, I know there is a problem with the actuators or a switch in the drivers door or something
There is a fairly simple (and no cost) repair for the door lock actuators somewhere on this site or on Ford Truck Enthusiasts. Let's see if we can find it. I have done it on 3 doors and the lift gate on our 2000 Exursion.

Last edited by Crop Doc; 09-20-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:42 AM
can you plz post the link here if you find the thread

Last edited by Forkodio; 10-09-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: 200 excursion, power locks