Factory Alarm goes off by itself

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still looking for a solution...

No SandyShoes, I've never found a solution for this false alarm problem. The last year or two I've not had a horn to honk at idiots because I had to pull the fuse to let the neighbors sleep. The sporadic false alarms coninue, just blinking lights now without that fuse.

I've never found reference to what "IGNITION TAMPER" was indicating and unfortunately the one dealer I found that was able to put me onto that (they were willing to lie to their NGS as indicated above) has changed hands and is no longer a Ford dealer.

I don't think it's the common door problem either, as I don't get the other symptoms such as dome light activation. I did have a problem develop with the turn signal lever switch, so I went in and found most all of the contacts green with oxidation. Cleaned, sanded and dielectric grease coated 'em and they are all good again.

Still no idea how to solve besides trading her in of course! Don't wanna do that, I just want my horn back! If there were a way to deactivate just the factory alarm I'd do it. Manually locking doors does not prevent the alarm from going off in my case.

Anyone have anything more on this?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a problem with my alarm for a while...

ford vehicles continue to power the windows and other door components for roughly half an hour.. after this time period the system goes into a "sleep" mode... at which time the alarm was triggered because the alarm thought the door was being opened because of the voltage drop.....

solution... they had to patch that wire into the dome light system, because it is powered down before the alarm arms itself...

hope this helps...

best buy is good at diagnosing that kind of problem..

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm goes off by itself