Power door lock trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power door lock trouble

My power door locks are really weak now. It can barley open either door lock. I have checked the fuse under the hood, but I think it is the relay. I hear it get weaker and weaker each time I hit the lock button. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Try pulling the relay (I'm not sure this is possible - never tried it). With a voltate meter check the terminals - once you've found the trigger (85 or 86) hit the switch over and over....see if the voltage drops. If it is fairly constant, the relay is the problem. If the voltage drops each time, first check your battery. Next try the power at the switch. Narrow it down to the problem.

Robbie

Old 10-01-2002, 09:34 AM
you need new door lock actuators. its very common. do not wast your time checking elec. sys. when you replace your actuators. make sure the door latch is not binding. like it is dirty. lube it so it operate freely. a sticky latch will take out a actuator faster than normal. but it is very common for those things to go out like that. good luck

Old 02-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Where is the best place to buy new actuators and what should I expect to pay for them? I finally took the door panel off today and took a look inside. It looks like I have to take out the door latch mechinism to get to the actuator. Either that or it is all one piece. I read on a different thread it take a #27 torx. Figures, I have a 25 and a 30. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Krklnmn

Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I would like to hear more about this also!

Mine do the same thing..

If I hit UNLOCK, the drivers door will come all the way up but the passenger lock just tries to, the more I hit the unlock button the weaker and weaker both locks get........

-Chris

Quick Reply: Power door lock trouble