Keyless remote, PANIC BUTTON

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless remote, PANIC BUTTON

I want to tie my alarm system trigger into the hot lead to the Panic Button, so both go off at once, Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
In detail, here's my idea. My alarm system (DEI 415) was added to use the factory remote. It added a shock sensor, ignition kill relay and a funky siren. NOW after two break-in's I want to know which wire in the wiring harness, is the trigger to the panic button
on the keyless remote that honks the horn and flashes the headlights???? I want the alarm shop to add a 12v relay from the alarm trigger wire, and with a diode inline, tap into the Panic Button wiring in the bundle. Does this make sense???
That way, when the alarm is tripped, the siren, horn, lights will go off.

Old 09-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Unless the Alarm Shop messed up, or screwed you over, the parking lights should flash. They can change that to the headlights - just have to change which wire its attatched to. They can run the horn and the siren at the same time - just have to program the brain to use the horn (of course both have to be hooked up). The DEI sirens can be changed to have one tone...choose one and tell them - they should know how to change it.

I used to install these. I don't think there is a "panic" wire.....its a program in the brain of the keyless system.

Robbie

Old 10-02-2002, 01:16 AM
XTRUKY, Willie's right, the lights should flash/horn honk whenever your alarms goes off.

RWilliek, how do you change the siren tone on the DEIs. I'm tired of these 6-tone patterns.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:56 AM
If you take the two screw out (they are inside the horn - look in, you'll see one on the left, one on the right) Pull the middle part out.....on the back there are six loops. They look like a resistor, but with no resistor inline........you'll understand when you see it. Pick which tone or tones you want. I would listen to them all first., and decide.....once you do the cutting its pretty much irreversable.
Say you want tone one and six......cut loop #2,3,4,5 just snip them, and twist the cutters to seperate the loop. The just put it back together.

Hope that helps

Robbie

Old 10-02-2002, 09:01 AM
Awesome, thanks. I think I'll set 1 siren with 1 tone and the other with another just to irritate the neighbors.

Old 10-02-2002, 05:15 PM
The shop didn't want to take the time to hook up your parking lights, however, I would only hook them up to the parking lights, ,,

I own and operate my own store/shop now and we highly recommend to the customers that the head lights should not flash, halogens are not design to be flashed, there life will alot shorter if they flash.

Old 10-02-2002, 08:11 PM
Not to worry,

If you want to restore or modify the siren "tones" later all you have to do is reconnect (jumper, solder, etc.) the wires you cut, completely reversable!

As far as flashing the headlamps... most aftermarket systems are not designed to supply the current required to flash the headlamps. That circuit can be used but to do so will require additional components.

Old 10-03-2002, 10:12 AM
to flash the headlights you'd need another relay.

You can't solder the wires back - they melt - I've tried

Robbie

Quick Reply: Keyless remote, PANIC BUTTON