Jumped battery now heat nor air conditioning work\airbag code 52

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumped battery now heat nor air conditioning work\airbag code 52

Hello, I jumped started my completely dead battery on my '98 f150 4.2L and now my air conditioning doesn't work and I get no heat and theres a code 52 form the airbag. Where would be good places to start looking for the problem? I obviously don't know much but I know someone that will help that knows a lot more than me. Does this sound like a bad ground or fusible link? I really want to try to avoid cutting through my wiring harness. I've checked all the fuses in the fuse boxes under the hood and inside.
Thanks,
Scott

Old 06-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Well, I'll take a stab- does the fan blow air? If not, check that circuit. Also, is your a/c clutch engaging the compressor? Have you checked your accessory belt? If your belt failed you will eventually get a dead battery, no a/c, and probably no heat...

As far my understanding goes, the airbag code seems to make sense. If there was an intermittent power loss or low voltage to the airbag monitor, it will flash 52. See my thread https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=78763 for explanation, however I do not know how to get rid of it.

Old 06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.
The fans work and the compressor doesn't come on and the belts are fine. I only have 35,000 on it. I had allready read your post and half understood it. I've had the chargeing volts checked and they are good. According to chiltons most electrical problems can be traced to bad grounds but I'm also thinking about inline fusible links(a thin line designed to burn to keep the harness or something else from burning up) and was just wondering where those are located. This has to have someting to do with the jump start and overcurrent after my brother reved to the heavens in his truck to boast mine or just a spike.
If I find out how to get rid of the code I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Jumped battery now heat nor air conditioning work\airbag code 52