Starter/battery wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Starter/battery wire

Just replaced my starter/battery cable end at the starter. I've only owned this truck for 3k. Changed the oil to synthetic a few weeks ago (60k) and noticed grren fuzz growing around the hot wire connection at the starter. Thought to myself, in the spring when i take the truck apart to clean and rustproof, i'll clean that up. Sorry Charlie, it broke in the parking lot after Valentine's day dinner. Hot wired it and was on my way. The factory end is really thin. Bought a copper end at NAPA for $1.08.

Just a word of warning to all of you to check and change if needed. If you see green on or around the red plastic cover over the wires, be ready. It's a really cheap thin POS end. It was'nt easy to put on, not a lot of room, and i soldered it too, but worth it to not be stranded or worse, having it break off and touch off on the frame and blowing the battery. It would probably been easier to pull the cable out to repair, but i was in a hurry to fix. I would imagine it's a pricey cable, just get a new end.

Quick Reply: Starter/battery wire