Bulldog Alarm w/Keyless Entry installed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bulldog Alarm w/Keyless Entry installed!

Hey Guys,

Just installed my alarm that I've had since Christmas. Bought the Bulldog 6002 from JC Whitney for 60$ on sale from $70. Still need to mount the LED, but everything else is done. Tuffest part was finding a good mounting place for the module and the siren. Seems to work pretty good.

Any install ?'s, just ask.

Old 02-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Bulldog Alarm

I purchased the same alarm system for my 99 SCAB 4x4. I have had a few difficulties hooking it up. Just have a question for you, did you hook up the door locks as a type B or C system? I hooked it up as a C and it did not work. The alarm tech said since I bought my truck used, I may not have gotten the factory keyless entry fob, so it may be a B.

I have the power, park lamps and a few other lines hooked up. Any advice to help me along?

Old 02-04-2002, 01:45 PM
You can see if you have the factory keyless module......should be in the drivers kick area against the firewall.

TYPE B then...........other wise its a 5 wire in the passenger kick type C.

Old 02-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Thumbs up

cpthuffman,

HUSKER150 is right on, I used the C setup on mine but I didn't have factory alarm or keyless entry. Otherwise type B. Also, are you sure you have the switch and the motor side wires going to the correct wires on the harness? If you have a test light connected to ground and probing the switch side wire, when you hit either lock or unlock (depending on which one your testing) the test light or meter should show +12v. The other side of the wire is the motor side and should receive the lock/unlock outputs. Don't forget to power the 5 wire harness to a +12 constant fuse in the fuse panel or directly from the battery.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Bulldog Alarm w/Keyless Entry installed!