Erasing or wiping clean a transponder key from a 2005 to be reprogrammed to a 2007 F

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erasing or wiping clean a transponder key from a 2005 to be reprogrammed to a 2007 F

I have an ignition lock cylinder and one key from a 2005 Ford f150. I used the tumbler code from the 2005 cylinder and recoded my 2007 ignition lock cylinder to fit that key and I also recoded the door lock cylinder to match the key also. So now I can lock the doors again lol. I was wondering if it is possible to have the used transponder chip key erased or wiped clean from older truck and then programmed to my truck? If so I would be awesome. I would still have to buy one more transponder key and have them both programmed. It would save me money on buying a key and labor costs for having to get the key code for the lock cylinders. They would only have to use the tumbler code I have already and cut one more key then just reprogram them.

If erasing key won't work, would I be able to take the ecu/pcm from the 2005 truck and install that in my 2007? By installing the ecu/pcm, from the 2005 f150 would the key programmed to that 2005 computer system have to be reprogrammed to my truck or would I be able to start the truck since the key is already programmed to that computer?

Quick Reply: Erasing or wiping clean a transponder key from a 2005 to be reprogrammed to a 2007 F