Need Help With PATS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help With PATS

I have a 2001 ford f 150. It would start some times. I found on the instrument cluster there was a lose connection. At the time I knew almost nothing about pats. I had tried changing ignitions and a different instrument cluster. Before doing my home work I tried programing let's on my own in the prosses I did something to the only working pats and now a code of damaged key. I live in the desert and the closest ford dealer that is able to program a new key is over 300 miles and a lock smith is 140 miles away and will come to me but charges $1.50 a mile each way plus key and programing. The cost is more than i can justify. It has not been simple to find information out and a lot maybe or how to bypass pats that don't work or you need a working key. I have just bought a 97 f 150 same motor and trans motor is blown and not in that great of condition for $200. I am hoping to be able to use the cpm from the 97 and put it in the 01 and work with out a problem, but I have read something about vin and milage in tbe cpm and having to program the pats. The 97 also doesn't have pats, but I read pats talks to cpm a d tells to turn on or off. Seeing cpm doesn't have pats it won't disable the truck. If any one has any info of problems I might or will have would be great. Also how to disable pats so I can put the original pars back in so it has proper vin and miles. I am a single father and money is tight so I have been trying to this myself and learning a lot but I think it's time to ask for help now that I will be able to understand what I am told and if asked anything I can answear

Last edited by JackandJanet; 02-09-2020 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Post Cleanup After Moving
Old 02-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Terence - I moved your post out of the ancient thread in the Transmission section to a new thread with a more descriptive title. I don't know how to help you, but there ARE people here who might have some ideas. I think you'll get a better set of answers here in the Electrical section too.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Need Help With PATS