Door Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Lock Issue

Greetings fellow F150 owners. I have a new to me 2014 F150 XLT Super Crew 4x4. I bought on Monday but only last night noticed that the front doors and rear passenger don't lock electronically. The rear drivers side door work as expected with the key fob, interior door lock button and the keypad entry from the drivers door in both locking and unlocking. My issue seems to be with the front two doors and the rear passenger. When I use the key fob, the lock/unlock button from inside each front door panel and the exterior key pad these doors neither lock or unlock. I can manually depress the door lock pin to lock each door and then to unlock, I must use the key (for the drivers door only), manually pull the pin back up or use the interior handle.
I'm not sure if this helps troubleshoot the problem but when using an electronic means to try to lock/unlock, I can see the drivers side lock pin move slightly sometimes but not every time. The other two doors (front and rear passenger doors) do nothing.
When using the key fob, it appears all other functions work as they should - parking lights, dome lights, disable alarm, etc...
Any ideas? At first I thought this was some new safety feature but apparently, there is a problem. Also, the alarm does activate when I use the keyfob. After trying to lock the door, the alarm activates and then when I open the drivers door, an alarm count down starts.
Thanks for any help and wisdom you guys can bestow upon me.

Last edited by Trigger Finger; 10-25-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
It's hard to tell, but you might have a linkage issue.

You may need to end up taking the door panels off and taking a gander at the operation of them.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply Manual F150. So, you think to take apart the door trim and see if the actuator is doing anything? Im assuming its the actuator from what I have been reading.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Yup. It's not hard taking door panels off.

Tons of videos out there...

Quick Reply: Door Lock Issue