Overhead console questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhead console questions.

I have a kind of strange question, I had to replace my overhead console board, on my 2002 f-150 Harley-Davidson crew cab pickup and I got a very good deal on a new one. But, it is one that has both the temperature and the compass on it, and my truck originally only had compass, how can I get the temperature wired up to work? I’m getting tired of being asked why it says that the temperature is a -40 degrees, can anyone help me out?

Old 10-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Old 10-23-2018, 06:02 PM
Thank you for your help, and I’ll get a chance to look at it this weekend.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Overhead Console Temperature Sensor Installation

Hi,
My 2002 Ford F-150 Overhead Console display died, so I replaced my old Overhead Console ( Compass direction only ) in my 2002 Ford F-150, with another 2002 Ford F-150 Overhead Console that displays both Outside Temperature and Compass. The Temp in this newly installed overhead console displays -40F, because the console is not receiving any temperature data. The Outside Temperature display on my Electronic AC Console works fine. If someone could, please explain how I can install and wire a temperature sensor to my new Overhead Console ? Does the 2002 Ford F-150 Overhead Console use the same temperature sensor part as the Air Conditioner Console ?? Please explain how can I connect the 2 wires from an overhead console temperature.sensor to the cable bundle going to my overhead console ?? Where should the Overhead Console temperature be mounted ?? I am stumped on this question, and would appreciate any help. So far, I have not found this information. My Ford dealer will do the install for me, but my Ford dealer has never done this, and is not sure how to do this. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Quick Reply: Overhead console questions.