Location of 2012 Ford F-150 turn flasher relay

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location of 2012 Ford F-150 turn flasher relay

I purchased a turn signal flasher relay from O'Reilly Auto parts but they cannot tell me where to find it on the truck. I have found were some people say there isn't one? Need to find the location

Old 01-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
There is no serviceable flasher -- No flasher for the 09 and up f-150's. The bulb flash time (80 per minute) is controlled by the BCM. When it detects a bulb out (or a low resistance LED) it flashes 160 times a minute. The sound you hear is created by the cluster to mimic the sound of a conventional flasher. If you search the forum, or someone may chime in, there are resistors you can get to add to the turn signal circuits to slow down the flashing.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-28-2018, 04:19 PM
ManualF150 That is even more disturbing as the auto parts store sold me the part and swears it will fit the truck however they cannot tell me where to put it. My problem is the passenger side rear blinker will not work. I have replaced the bulbs. When you turn on the blinker it flashes fast on the right front and right mirror. When you turn the left blinker it blinks normal. Any ideas?

Uncle Craig

Old 01-28-2018, 05:09 PM

The people behind the counter will sell you everything in the store, just because they can, they usually have no technical knowledge for these new vehicles. If they did, trust me, they wouldn't be working at O'Reillys....

It sounds as if there is an issue with the wiring. I would double-check all connections and bulb sockets.

If not, the next best thing to do is return the part, and go to your local Ford dealer so they can run some diagnostics.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
The people behind the counter will sell you everything in the store, just because they can, they usually have no technical knowledge for these new vehicles. If they did, trust me, they wouldn't be working at O'Reillys....

It sounds as if there is an issue with the wiring. I would double-check all connections and bulb sockets.

If not, the next best thing to do is return the part, and go to your local Ford dealer so they can run some diagnostics.
Thanks.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:32 PM

Check this thread out:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...rt-ground.html

The smart junction box has failed and needed to be replaced. There was no short in the electrical system otherwise.
Might be relevant to your issue...

Good luck.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Check this thread out:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...rt-ground.html

Might be relevant to your issue...

Good luck.
Thanks! I will look into it.

Quick Reply: Location of 2012 Ford F-150 turn flasher relay