Battery draining/humming ticking noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery draining/humming ticking noise

Hey everyone, I’m a little stumped at the moment trying to figure out what’s draining the battery on my 2013 f150 5.0. I replaced the factory battery with a battery from Napa because the factory one was getting weak. Worked great for a while then all of the sudden it started draining really fast. Like almost dead overnight. It started draining fast once it snowed here in Nova Scotia and once they started putting that lovely salt on the roads. So what I’m thinking is if there was an exposed wire somewhere that the salt is conducting power and draining the battery. I looked for exposed constant power wire but couldn’t find anything. Any common areas? Trailer plug seems to be clean. Also..... haven’t found this anywhere on the internet yet, but my truck makes an electrical humming sound and a clicking sound from the transmission for the first 10 minutes of the truck being shut off. Anyone seen that before? Any idea what it is? 2013 F-150 5.0

Thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2022, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew Gerrits
Hey everyone, I’m a little stumped at the moment trying to figure out what’s draining the battery on my 2013 f150 5.0. I replaced the factory battery with a battery from Napa because the factory one was getting weak. Worked great for a while then all of the sudden it started draining really fast. Like almost dead overnight. It started draining fast once it snowed here in Nova Scotia and once they started putting that lovely salt on the roads. So what I’m thinking is if there was an exposed wire somewhere that the salt is conducting power and draining the battery. I looked for exposed constant power wire but couldn’t find anything. Any common areas? Trailer plug seems to be clean. Also..... haven’t found this anywhere on the internet yet, but my truck makes an electrical humming sound and a clicking sound from the transmission for the first 10 minutes of the truck being shut off. Anyone seen that before? Any idea what it is? 2013 F-150 5.0

Thanks in advance
did you ever find the problem? I'm dealing with the draining of the battery and ticking noise coming from transmission right now.

Quick Reply: Battery draining/humming ticking noise