QUICK ANSWER please

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUICK ANSWER please

Need neg while running wire under dash for 2007 king ranch for my transponder i have all other wires in just looking for this one

Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 PM
AFAIK, all neg wires are not keyed?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
guess i dont follow maybe i'am to tired. Also it doesnt start after all this I'am guessing it is the factory alarm doing a starter interupt maybe

Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by King RobZ
Need neg while running wire u
That doesn't make a bit of sense. Try again describing what you are looking for.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM
the instructions call for a negative while running. not sure what state it would be in when its not running but i just grounded it.

the other issue i have is i believe the factory alarm is stopping it from starting.
my best guess is i need to connect the disarm wires to the unlock motor wire, and the arm to the Lock wire. wil this cause the factory alarm to be disabled? to allow remote start.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You do not have a factory alarm, there is a factory immobilizer but that is with the RFID tags in the key head.
There is no "disarm" circuit.

- Are you getting a Crank no start ?
- When you turn the key from off to run ( do not start ) does the theft light go out ( red led on the wart on the top of the dash ) ?

If you are hooking up a remote start system, you need to program the PATS bypass module to the truck ( like adding another key ) and have it activate when the remote start is active.

If you need a ground while running, you are going to need to wire a relay to provide this.
You will need a hot in the run position to the coil on a relay, and the normally open contacts will need to be from a ground to the device.

This is how a relay would be wired "normally" for items like aux lamps.
terminals #85 & #86 are the same ( hot in run position ) but terminal #30 is to ground and terminal #87 is to what you need this for.

Other option check if you can change this from a neg trigger to a + VDC trigger.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM
I have wired in a Pk All bypass i get no crank attempt just parking light flash.
the red light continues to flash i think the instruction i read say i may have teh TX RX wires reversed.

and i figured out the Neg while running is provided by the remote start and is now wired as such.

I also need horn wire under the dash so my horn honk feature will work

Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM

Quick Reply: QUICK ANSWER please