Blinker behaving badly that I have been unable to fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blinker behaving badly that I have been unable to fix

Hi,

I am at a loss on where to go next with the diagnosis and am looking for some assistance from my fellow F150 enthusiasts.

My front passenger side blinker works intermittently. Sometimes (rarely) it works fine and mostly the front bulb comes on solid while the rear blinks fast. If I hold the blinker stalk at the self return detent then usually the blinker works fine but if I push it further to where the blinker should stay without you holding the stalk then it goes to fast blink mode.

Based of combing through the forums here I replaced the flasher hazard relay with a new motorcraft part SF633 without success. I then replaced the front bulb without success. Now I am at a loss of what to do next besides sending it to my mechanic.

I first noticed it right after I had the fuel pump replaced by my mechanic but it might just be a coincidence.

Thanks,
Chad

Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Taking a SWAG, I would say this is a dirty / corroded contact in the MFS for the turn signal on that side.

Might want to try cycling the hazard switch a few times to see if it cleans them off.

If not, next is to pull the MFS and test it for that side.

Make note there are 2 sets of contacts pairs for each turn signal.

Quick Reply: Blinker behaving badly that I have been unable to fix