Ignition Switch Lock

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DTR Starter Solenoid Testing???

****ANOTHER UPDATE****

I disconnected the Digital Transmission Range (DTR) Sensor to see if the cluster lights reacted differently, but no change whatsoever. The truck will not start in P or N... NO LIGHTS AT THE CLUSTER...

A friend suggested the starter solenoid, but the connections look fine from underneath, and I don't think failure of the solenoid will cause my cluster lights to dim intermittently or not be illuminated at all (BUT I MAY BE WRONG)...

I turned the headlights and the radio ON and attempted cranking, and I noticed that power was diverted from the radio momentarily, but the headlights did not lose power. It didn't crank. Finally, the turn signal lights stopped working today, but the hazzard lights are OK...

This must be an electrical issue somewhere INSIDE the cabin because every outside component seems OK and does not impact the cluster lights... I believe that once I resolve the issue of having the cluster lights ON, the truck will start. Then I can go to the "died when shifting into reverse gear" issue...

SSCULLY... you're the best on every post I read, but I could not find a post that addressed the same symptoms on other trucks... Anything I may be forgetting to test???

Old 11-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...bump...

Quick Reply: Ignition Switch Lock