Two switches, one window, doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two switches, one window, doesn't work

Hello folks. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I've been poking around and don't see it.

I have a 2005 F150 supercab with the quarter size power windows in the rear. The passenger rear window had been giving me problems itermittently. From the driver seat, it sometimes wouldn't operate, but would operate from the passenger rear seat.

Now it does go down under power from either switch, but won't go up from either the driver seat or the rear passenger side control. I'm confused. Am guessing the problem must be in the driver seat unit but not sure how to test it. The regulator and motor has been replaced and is good.

Can anyone offer up a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

AJ

Old 07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
maybe the issue might be the switch? link>>> https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ow-switch.html

Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Last time I saw this issue, it was a broken wire in the rubber boot from the c pillar to the door ( actually it was the b pillar, supercrew cab config ).

You will need to remove the rubber boot and check by running your fingers over each wire individually, to see if there is a break.

If it is not there or the switch ( as posted above ), next would be to check the driver's side door to a pillar rubber boot for a broken wire.

Quick Reply: Two switches, one window, doesn't work