Anti-Theft Alarm - 2006 Ford F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anti-Theft Alarm - 2006 Ford F150

I am having an issue with my anti-theft alarm going off at randon times. I have a 2006 Ford F150. The alarm system seems to be workig normally for the most part, by way of the alarm indicators on the dash and under the steering wheel, but I cant figure this out. Im looking for suggestions and maybe a little education of this system so I can repair it. One thing Ive noticed is that if I use the door lock to lock my truck instead of the key fob, it goes off less frequently. Im also looking for a temporary fix until I can repair it so my neighbors dont kill me or have my truck towed for being such a nuisance ... HELP!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know if disconnecting the battery, waiting 30 minutes and reconnecting it will resovethis issue?

Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know if that will do it or not, but it is always the FIRST thing to do to any electronic device (is there ANYTHING ELSE in our world today?), the price is certainly right and it MAY well work! Reboot (disconnect from power briefly) is the 1st thing you do with electrical (or electronic) and check for GOOD ground (automotive) is the 2nd thing, that is unless you are turned on by chasing your own tail. (that's for dogs and cats, not humans) My wife told me the small TV in her bedroom was toast a few days ago. It would not turn on past boot-up and would not turn off. I tried and that's all it would do no matter what I did. I unplugged, and said let's give it a try. Next day she says it works normally and has since. Good Luck!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks code58. I did in fact disconnect the battery and it seemed to work for almost 24 hrs. The this morning t off again. That's the longest timeframe so far. So instead of "chasing my tail" I am going to try and see if I can trace the ground and see if thts the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Old 10-23-2014, 09:18 PM
alarm

I have a f250 2006 and the alarm goes off. I can hit unlock or lock and sometimes it goes off by itself. Mind of its own. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 09-29-2019, 03:46 PM
piggy back code alarm

Originally Posted by Forddriver69
I am having an issue with my anti-theft alarm going off at randon times. I have a 2006 Ford F150. The alarm system seems to be workig normally for the most part, by way of the alarm indicators on the dash and under the steering wheel, but I cant figure this out. Im looking for suggestions and maybe a little education of this system so I can repair it. One thing Ive noticed is that if I use the door lock to lock my truck instead of the key fob, it goes off less frequently. Im also looking for a temporary fix until I can repair it so my neighbors dont kill me or have my truck towed for being such a nuisance ... HELP!!!
I know this is an old thread but hopefully this will help other f150 owners.... my 06 lariat is having the same problem.... it is the piggy back code alarm installed by the dealership... my work around was to disconnect the horn relay wire that is t tapped into the ignition harness.... mine was a light brown wire with a brown stripe. The wire diagram is on the code alarm brain. This just bypasses the honking horn. The lights still flash when it goes off and the starter kill still engages but ur neighbors will be a lot happier

Quick Reply: Anti-Theft Alarm - 2006 Ford F150